HOW WE PROTECT & USE YOUR INFORMATION
The purpose of the policy is to tell you:
- that you can browse our website without providing personal information
- what personal information we collect, use and disclose in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 (for specific services like news alerts or job postings),
You can browse our website without providing personal information
You can access and browse our site without disclosing your personal information. We do not automatically record personal information and we do not link information that is recorded automatically with personal information about specific individuals. We do not attempt to identify users or their browsing activities unless they choose to give us personal information.
We automatically record some non-personal information
If you visit our website to read or download information, we automatically record some non-personal statistical information, including:
- the type of browser you use
- the type of operating system you use
- the screen resolution of your PC
- the date and time you access our site
- the pages you have accessed, the links clicked on, and the documents downloaded
- the internet address from which you accessed our site (i.e. IP address)
- the search terms you used to find content on our website, and
Native Tech (Native Institute of Digital & Creative Technology) website www.nativetech.ac.nz also use the Google Analytics tool to collect and view non-personal visitor statistics so we can:
- discover what information is most and least used
- determine technical design specifications, and
- help make our site more useful to visitors.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form – that is, cookies do not collect personal information.
- for managing subscriptions to news alerts to ensure that only you can change your subscriptions
- wherever a “math question” or other CAPTCHA is used to prevent automated spam submissions
- to remember the options you selected when using a mobile device
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser. Disabling cookies will not stop you from using the Native Tech (Native Institute of Digital & Creative Technology) website www.nativetech.ac.nz but it will mean that:
- you can no longer subscribe, manage your subscriptions or unsubscribe, and
- you will not get the improved browsing experiences that the cookies enable.
When do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information when you:
- fill in an online form
- subscribe to a service (such as news releases or job postings), or
- correspond with us.
For example, when you complete an online application/enrolment, we will collect your email address as well as all other information you disclose. All information is encrypted end to end.
Subscribing to a service
If you subscribe to a service through this website, we record your email address in a database. We use your email address only for the purpose of sending you information about Native Tech services. We will not disclose your email address to any third parties.
Subscribing to news releases or incident alerts implies that you have given your consent to receive emails from us, as defined in the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007(link is external). You can unsubscribe at any time by visiting the subscription page for the service you wish to terminate, entering your email address and choosing “Unsubscribe”.
What is your personal information used for?
If you choose to provide personal information when adding material to Native Tech (Native Institute of Digital & Creative Technology) website www.nativetech.ac.nz, it may be viewable by site administrators.
We only use your personal information for the purpose specified at the point of collection (for example, to email a news release to you).
We will not give your personal information to other Government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented
- you would reasonably expect that information of that kind is usually passed on to those organisations (for example, companies providing services such as web hosting to Native Tech)
- it is otherwise required or authorised by the Privacy Act or any other law (for example, to prevent offending, for law enforcement ,or to prevent or lessen a serious threat to anyone’s health or safety)
- it will be used in a way that will not identify you (for example, statistical or research purposes).
Rights of access and correction of personal information
Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to access and to request correction of any of your personal information provided to Native Tech in connection with your use of this website. If you would like to see the personal information relating to you that Native Tech has stored, or to change such personal information, or if you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at the address set out below. TNative Tech will require proof of your identity before being able to provide you with any personal information.
Web SySop | Native Tech
1251 Fenton Street
Rotorua, Aotearoa New Zealand
If you are not satisfied with our response to any privacy-related concern you may have, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
P O Box 10-094
Wellington, New Zealand
Telephone: 04-474 7590 (Wellington)
Telephone: 09-302 8680 (Auckland)
Email: [email protected]