ILLUMINATING PATHWAYS INTO DIGITAL & CREATIVE TECHNOLOGY
Your first day with us will start with a whakatau, a welcome ceremony, followed by a karakia, mihi from Native Tech, our whānau will be invited to speak if they choose and we will end with a waiata tautoko.
After this we will take you through our orientation and take you around our campus and introduce you to Native Tech and DNA staff as well as all our key students services available. Our kaupapa is to share space and place and help you find your path and find your purpose. We are whānau centred and provide a safe place for you to explore who you are and what you want to be.
- Our Rangatahi Transition Navigators will work with you to develop a plan focused on short, medium and long term goals and help you achieve those goals, step by step.
- Students will take a temperament questionnaire to help use better understand your personality and how you engage with others.
- Our Student Support Administrator will ensure students have all the necessary administrative information they need.
- Students will assisted with their enrolment if they have any issues or concerns.
- All your records will be maintained and will be up to date and provide accurate information regarding all aspects of student engagement including attendance, pastoral notes, processing assessment results, creating transcripts etc.
- We will ensure Native Tech meets all its statutory obligations to the various external agencies.
- Two students will represent their fellow students to ensure student needs, concerns, feedback and ideas are shared fairly with Native Tech management.
- Students will help provide guidence around key student related initaitves including end-of-term celebrations and other related activities.
- Our Academic Team will work with each student on a daily basis to discuss any issues that may arise and will keep in touch regarding their attendance or any other concerns that may impact their learning
- When a student is falling behind in their assessments or class work, Native Tech’s Academic Team will develop a RAP – Remedial
Action Plan. Both the student and the trainer will agree on milestones to achieve in order to achieve key goals up.
- Studentst will receive one-on-one tutor assistance outside of class time as required.
- We use the VARK guide to learning style which helps us determine if students are visual, aural, reading or kinesthetic type of learners.