Education, Training & Industry Pathways into Digital & Creative Tech
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) enables a student to be awarded credit for one or more courses without having to undertake the formal course of study or the assessments and assignments.
RPL also ensures that students who enroll at Native Institute of Digital Technology (Native Tech) from another education provider or who change from one qualification to another, are able to have their previous achievements recognised.
What is required?
Native Tech staff will support students in our programme in the following ways:
- You need to be able to demonstrate that you are able to satisfy all of the learning outcomes of previous studies to match the courses for which you seek RPL.
- You can do this by submitting evidence of previous studies. This could include a portfolio of work, academic transcripts, learning outcomes, course descriptors and assessment information or supporting documentation from a previous employer to attest that you have relevant knowledge.
You may be required to complete a challenge assessment to prove your knowledge. Alternatively you may be required to participate in an interview to discuss your knowledge.
What is required?
Fill out the form below. Once you have submitted your application and supporting documents it is checked by the academic team to ensure that everything is in order to be able to match the learning outcomes of the programme you are applying for matches the learning outcomes from your previous studies.
Once the matching exercise has been completed, a recommendation is made to the academic committee. The academic committee makes a decision based on the evidence supplied and the recommendation of the academic team. Once the decision is made you will be notified of the outcome.
What happens next?
- Within 7 days of receiving your application we will contact you to outline the details of the qualification and the Recognition of Prior Learning process
- We will email you the relevant forms to collect all the information we need to move forward with your application.
- You will need to provide your evidence.
- Once this process is completed we will email you the outcome of your Recognition of Prior Learning application.
If you have any other questions regarding Recognition of Prior Learning, then please contact our Admissions Office by emailing [email protected]
How do I apply?
You apply by filling out this form. As a Native Tech student we look after everything for you once you have applied.
When do I apply for RPL?
You can apply for RPL at any time prior to your course commencing once you have fully enrolled and paid your fees (if applicable). If you are successfully awarded RPL for any course then monies will be refunded in full for the component of the course for which RPL has been awarded (if you have paid any fees).
How long will it take?
This depends on the number of people applying for RPL and the time of the year. If all the necessary documentation is submitted then the initial assessment can usually be conducted within five working days and an indicative decision can be given. However all RPL awards are subject to academic approvals through a formal process that can take up to 30 days as Board of Studies and Academic Committees usually meet monthly.
What will it cost?
You will be charged $100 per course per enrolment (non-refundable).
What are the benefits?
- Less time to complete a qualification in certain instances
- Encouragement in starting a qualification
- RPL award does not necessarily mean fee reduction